Tuesday 4 March 2008

500km completed

After I pressed 'end workout' on my iPod nano today, Paula Radcliff's voice came on. As soon as I heard 'This is Paula Radcliff...' I started wondering what she would congratulate me for. My run had been rather slow (hill training) and only 45 min so could neither be my fastest km/mile or longest distance run. Turned out that since I got my Nike+ and iPod nano, and started my marathon training I've put a mere 500km (310.7 miles) behind me. That's almost the distance from my home town Lund to Stockholm. It's taken me nearly 44 hours to complete and has used almost 30.000 kcal at the same time. Impressive!

Now I want more. I know I'm a gadget freak but I absolutely love Nike+. It's such great motivation for keeping on going. Kind of makes you want to keep on going only to find out when the next congratulation will be. Also makes me want to log all my runs from now on until I can't run any more. Nerd, I know... but I wonder what the total distance will be?!

No comments: