Monday 3 March 2008

Feeling optimistic

Ran about 23km (14.3 miles) out in Skrylle in Sweden yesterday. Meant to run 18 miles but my knees and right leg weren’t too happy and considering my problems earlier on last week I didn’t want to push it. The pain was partly due to that I started out with the 10k route which turned out to be pretty hilly, which wasn’t at all to the liking of my knees. Not a good strategy either to start out that hard when you’ve got a wee bit longer to go so I’m definitely saving that one for last next time I’m home in Sweden. My leg muscles are actually soar today, something I haven’t experienced in months. Definitely the hills’ fault.

Very happy with my run though. Did the equivalent of half a marathon in less than two hours without feeling absolutely nackered afterwards so if only my knees and right leg can behave a bit better, I should be ok on the 13th April. Time went by so quickly yesterday that I was a bit unsure of if I’d actually had run the 23km and been out there for 2 hours, but looking at the watch and adding the routes up, plus checking my Nike+ assured me that I had. Amazing how a 2 hour run is starting to feel short.

No comments: