Wednesday 12 March 2008

Maybe I can run NY instead?

Really struggling with the thought of not running a marathon this year. I’ve had my mind set on it for what feels like an eternity and I really want to do it.
Have run the same distance and more as a half marathon a number of times during my training so it’s not really a challenge. Of course I could challenge myself time wise, but I want to complete a marathon, this year, not wait a year.
Looked at the World Marathon Majors and NY is on the 2nd of November. That should be far enough away, time wise that is, for my leg to heal and it should give me lots of time for training. Spoke to Alex in work who’s run NY twice and London once and she said NY was better though hillier.
Will look into it tomorrow and see if I can get a place. Never been to NY and Dion and I have been talking about going there anyway this year so why not combine the fun :D
All of a sudden I feel a bit happier!

2 comments:

John said...

But have you seen how much it costs? http://www.209events.com/event.php?event=37 says it'll be at least £1200! ... not sure what happens if you go via a Swedish agency.

Anna said...

As far as I understand it that's if you go via one of the tour operators. I'm planning on running it for a charity that is not bound to a tour operator. It will still cost about £70 or so for the entry fee.
Will look into it more during the weekend and let you know :)