Tuesday 11 March 2008

Waiting for the MRI results

Just got back from having an MRI scan. Very noisy experience.
Managed to see the doctor last night (thank *** for private health care) and had an X-ray. Dr. James Youngman thought he could see a small stress fracture but wanted me to get a MRI to be sure. He advised me that until we got the result we should treat it as a fracture and asked the nurse to give me an air cast boot. Not knowing what it was (don't even know what they are called in Swedish as I've never had a fracture before) I was mildly shocked to see the size of it. More so when the nurse came in with a piece of paper for me to sign which basically said that if my insurance doesn't cover the air cast I need to pay for it myself, a mere £140. Spoke to AXA PPP and it turns out they don’t cover it. Having spent a fair bit of money on physio etc already I didn’t want to fork out the £140 unless I absolutely have to so we decided that I’d wait with the air cast until tomorrow (i.e. today) when I’ll have the MRI results.

Limped my way home only to find the latest Flora London marathon magazine waiting for me, including a new set of redlaces. Didn’t even open it. Think I’ve completely turned off my feelings for the marathon at the moment. I’m really started to have had enough. It’s bad enough that I probably wont’ be able to run, but having to walk around with a bloody moon boot on my leg and pay a stupid amount of money for it as well. I’m really not impressed. It’s not even good looking!!! Jess and Sabrina pointed out that if I do need to wear one I can use it to my benefit on the tube. Made me smile a bit, but then I start thinking about not being able to run the marathon, or run at all for x number of weeks… emptiness…

Well, perhaps the MRI comes back with a positive result! Perhaps it’s not so bad after all. 4 hours and 20 min until I get the results…

No comments: